Auditions for the Vivaldi Chamber Choir are held occasionally throughout the season. Candidates must be experienced choral singers with good sightreading/sightsinging skills. Singers invited to join the choir must be available for Monday evening rehearsals, Sept - May, sometimes into June. Interested singers are asked to contact Mary at email@example.com
Photo credit:Matthew Lazin-Ryder
Click here to view this image full-screen
We are a friendly, auditioned chamber choir of 25 - 30 people from many different backgrounds. We sing music from medieval to modern in a variety of languages, and often include compositions or arrangements by our director, David Millard. Our season runs from September through May and includes 3 main concerts. We also engage in outreach ventures and occasional tours.
Rehearsals are at Redeemer Lutheran Church at 1499 Laurier Ave. (Laurier and Granville) in Vancouver. We rehearse on Monday nights from 7:30 to 9:45 p.m.
- Dec 14, 2012 - Hark, the Herald Angels...Voyces of Christemas
- April 6, 2013 - And The King Shall Rejoice
- June 1, 2013 - Shakespeare's Songbook
You may donate an amount through CanadaHelps.org. Canada Helps is itself a registered charity and will issue a tax receipt directly to you and forward the funds to our bank, retaining a small commission. The "Canada Helps" graphic link in the sidebar takes you directly to our Canada Helps account
As you’ll likely be aware, the BC Government has made severe cuts in the grants given to cultural and arts organisations across the Province. This, coupled with the recession, make it very hard for small grant-funded choirs like ourselves to sustain our choir and community.
Here are some reasons to support the Vivaldi Choir:-
- As a community choir, Vivaldi gives amateur singers from all over Vancouver the chance to pursue their passion at a good standard. ·
- Lead by local composer David Millard, the choir regularly performs the works of BC and Canadian composers – revealing music to the public that might not otherwise be heard. ·
- By featuring young upcoming soloists and musicians in our concerts, Vivaldi acts as a Springboard for them to go pro by increasing their exposure and experience. ·
- We, in turn, support the Vancouver community by performing for free at locations such as the George Pearson Centre for the Disabled.